F. Lewis Biggs, Esq.
2211 Pump Road
Richmond, Virginia 23233
T 804.741.0400 x203
F. Lewis Biggs is a member of Kepley Broscious & Biggs, PLC. His practice focuses on nearly all aspects of commercial real estate and real estate finance, including:
- purchase, sale and leasing of commercial real estate
- real estate lending and borrowing
- Virginia local counsel for multi-state transactions
- deed of trust preparation and enforceability opinions
- deed preparation
- problem real estate loans and workouts
- title and survey evaluation and other real estate due diligence
- purchase and sale of real estate loans
- co-lending and servicing of large commercial loans
- providing assistance with commercial construction contracts
- easements, covenants, assessments, and property owner associations
Mr. Biggs has helped clients to evaluate and to resolve very difficult problem real estate loans and to perform due diligence on complex real estate acquisitions.
Mr. Biggs has been licensed to practice law in Virginia since 1996. He currently chairs the Virginia State Bar's Real Property Section, working with many of Virginia's most well-respected and knowledgeable real estate practitioners to enhance and to sustain the highest quality of professionalism among members of the legal community as to matters involving real property. He is also chair of that Section's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Committee and serves on its Membership Committee. Mr. Biggs previously served as the Real Property Section's Secretary/Treasurer and Vice Chair.
Mr. Biggs graduated magna cum laude from Hampden-Sydney College in 1991 and received his Juris Doctor degree from Washington and Lee University School of Law in 1996. He clerked for The Hon. Herbert C. Gill in the 12th Judicial Circuit of Virginia from 1996 to 1997, and served as an associate at McGuireWoods in Richmond, Virginia from 1997 to 2000. He served as an associate at Hunton & Williams, LLP in Richmond, Virginia from 2000 to 2006, and left that firm to join Kepley Broscious & Biggs, PLC as a member.
A Basic Guide to Closing Protection Letters for Real Estate Practitioners, The Fee Simple
Latest Trends in Loan Refinancing and Non-Bankruptcy Workouts, 27th Annual Real Estate Practice Seminar (VSB Real Property Section) (2009)
Security Interests in Personal Property, a part of the CLE entitled "Commercial and Real Estate Loan Documents: More than Just Papers" (2008)